Saturday 19 February 2011

Tetris


Tetris, the game that for me started the handheld market, when I got my first Game Boy this was one of the only games I had but did I care nope because this game is awesome it never gets old or boring I remember many days as a kid playing this game and kept me from going crazy in those long drives in the car. The idea is simple the game play is easy to pick up and is a perfect way for anyone getting into gaming.


The version that I used was for the original game boy oh yer green screen for the win :) but all jokes a side this game and handheld console rocked and to this day I still pick this up the odd time and give it a blast. The game itself is about building lines of blocks you randomly get given different shapes of blocks which you must rotate and place together as close as possible trying to avoid creating holes when you create a full line horizontally it disappears giving you points and more room to build clearing multiple lines together gives more points. As you clear lines your level increases which speeds up how fast the block falls giving you less time to place a block giving more room for error, the game finishes when the screen fills with blocks so keeping everything as low as possible is the key.


This game is now readily available on almost everything there's hundreds of versions on the Internet and tons of versions on other consoles but the original for me is the Game Boy. Ill put the game bellow for you guys to play, I cant imagine there is many out there that haven't seen this game or played it but if your new to Tetris its defiantly worth a try.

Total Top Spec Gaming Score 9 / 10

Controls:
LEFT and RIGHT keys - moves block left and right
UP Key - Rotates block 90 Degrees
DOWN Key - speeds up the blocks fall
P Key - Pauses game
Q Key - Quits current Game



No comments:

Post a Comment