Tuesday 9 August 2011

Happy 25th Birthday Samus Aran!


We had Mario's 25th anniversary and then Zelda's 25th now its Metroids turn.

I absolutely love the Mario and Zelda games but for some reason the Metroid games are at the top of my Nintendo list, I wouldn't say the Metroid games aren't popular because they really are, but compared to Mario and Zelda, Samus just seems more mysterious and different, I mean for years everyone thought Samus was a guy, oh how wrong they were . . . . soo very wrong . . . . hrm . . where were we  . . . oh yes Celebrating Samus's birthday :)

I first started the Metroid series with Super Metroid for the SNES and as you all know from my review of this game I LOVE IT! Its one of my top SNES games and in fact in my top 5 of all time games. The next game in the series I played was Metroid Prime for the Game Cube and wow did this game blew me away, The step from 2D to 3D graphics were amazing and brought what we imagined as kids on the SNES version to our screens. At first I didn't know if this kind of game play would work for Metroid, but ill give it to Nintendo they got it spot on.

Ive played almost all of the Metroid games but for me those two are my highlights in terms of game play and story, I cant ask for anymore out of a game than what Super Metroid, and Metroid Prime offer, 100% perfect to me :)

The only one disappointment to me is Nintendo. Where are you? Why are you not celebrating this event? they realised a limited addition game for Mario on the Wii, and Zelda got a Symphony Concert! So whats Samus getting? Well so far nothing :( not cool Nintendo not cool. At least we have a great collection of Metroid games to play so ill settle with that at least.

So there's nothing further to do but to raise our glasses to Samus and her amazing games she has given us over the past 25 years cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment